Housing benefits

Appeal a decision

We will always tell you in writing the reasons for our decision on your benefit application.

If we are not going to pay you any benefit, we will tell you why and how we have worked it out.

You can request an appeal if you want an independent tribunal to look at the decision again.

If you think that your housing benefit/council tax reduction calculation is wrong you can check what you are entitled to by checking our online benefit calculator. If you think we have got something wrong and you wish your case to be heard by an independent tribunal, complete and return the form below.

Request an appeal

Page last updated: 03 Jan 2020