I receive benefits and need to report a change
Coronavirus update - Due to the unprecedented situation we are finding ourselves in and in order to cut down on contact and visits to our reception, we would like to advise our customers that there are certain changes they do not have to tell us about at this time.
Therefore if the following applies to you, please do not contact us about these changes as we will be advised either by your landlord or by the pension service or the DWP:
- you are a pensioner and your state pension changes in April
- you are on pension credit and your pension credit changes
- your tax credits are amended/changed
- your landlord is either the council or a housing association and your rent is due to change in April
- you are on Universal Credit and your income has changed
Thank you for your co-operation.
You need to tell us about changes as soon as they happen.
We will normally need to see evidence of the change. You can upload evidence/documents to the change of circumstances form below.
If the evidence is not currently available, complete and submit the change of circumstances form and provide the documents within one month using the providing additional documents form.
If you are replying to a letter, you can also use the link below to do this.
What we need to know
You need to tell us if you, your partner, your non-dependant or dependant child:
- start or stop receiving benefit payments
- start or stop receiving pension payments
- start or stop receiving Tax Credits
- start or stop working
- have changes in childcare costs
- become a full time student
- leave school or education
- have a change to the amount of income received, for example wage increase/decrease
- have a change to the amount of savings, if your and your partners savings total over £6000.00
- are going to be away from your property for four weeks or more (you need to let us know before you go away). Check the temporary absence rules
- have someone move in or out of your household
- have a new addition to your household, such as a new baby
- have a rent increase or decrease
- move home