Tennis is a fun sport and can be played as a recreational activity with friends and family. It can help to maintain your health, fitness, strength and agility.
In this section
Our fun Tennis for Free sessions are re-launching at Cavendish Recreation Ground tennis courts on Saturday 26 September.
Sessions will take place from 11am to midday on Saturdays and will initially be for over-12s only.
Led by a professional tennis coach, group games will aim to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of members of the community across the UK.
Booking is essential.
The following guidance has been published in relation to tennis coaching and playing doubles:
- for informal social play, group size is limited to a maximum of 6 people by law
- organised tennis activity for larger groups, including coached sessions, club nights and competitions, is permitted by the government as an exception to the limit of 6, and so can continue, provided that venues, coaching providers and event organisers follow LTA COVID-19 secure guidelines
- social distancing between players (and between the coach and players) should be maintained at all times
- hand hygiene is imperative - use alcohol gel to clean your hands after touching a shared surface
Following government guidance, we have reopened all of our tennis courts. Some of them can be pre-booked. You can book a court below.
- there will be a 15-minute buffer period between booking slots, in line with LTA and government guidelines on social distancing
- ungated courts remain closed at the moment
|Cavendish Recreation Ground||Field End Road, Eastcote||5|
|Churchfield Gardens||Eastcote Road, Ruislip||3|
|Fassnidge Park||Rockingham Parade, Uxbridge||2|
|Harmondsworth Recreation Ground||Summerhouse Lane, Harmondsworth||2|
|Hillingdon Court Park||Park Way, Hillingdon||4|
|Moorhall Recreational Ground||Prior Gardens, Harefield||3|
|Northwood Recreation Ground||Chestnut Avenue, Northwood||5|
|Rosedale Park||Uxbridge Road, Hayes||6|
|Swakeleys Park||The Avenue, Ickenham||2|
|The Closes||Church Close, West Drayton||2|