Update on our libraries
In this section
We have reopened 15 of our libraries to allow residents to:
- browse and borrow books
- collect reserved books
- request recycling bags
- pick up hearing aid batteries (at selected libraries)
- use a computer - bookings will be for 45 minutes on the hour
From Monday 14 September, all libraries (except Harlington) will be open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5pm and Saturday, 9.30am to 4pm (closing from 1pm to 2pm for lunch each day).
Harlington Library will be open 9.30am to 2pm and offer reserve and collect from the foyer between 2pm and 4pm.
You can visit one of our libraries for up to 45 minutes. Booking will not be required but there may be waiting times, to allow us to manage the number of people in our libraries at any one time and help ensure social distancing is observed.
- the first 30 minutes of each day will be reserved for our older and vulnerable residents
- library toilets will not be available for public use
- when visiting one of our libraries, please wear a face covering
- you will be asked to provide contact information for test and trace purposes
- Botwell Green Library
- Charville Library
- Eastcote Library
- Harefield Library
- Harlington Library
- Hayes End Library
- Ickenham Library
- Northwood Library (Oaklands Gate)
- Northwood Hills Library (Potter Street)
- Oak Farm Library
- Ruislip Manor Library
- Uxbridge Library
- West Drayton Library
- Yeading Library
- Yiewsley Library
We are pleased to offer a reserve and collect service through our mobile library service.
From Monday 14 September, 4 of our libraries (Botwell Green, Ruislip Manor, Charville and Uxbridge) will have study spaces available:
- Monday to Friday, 10.30am to 12.30pm and 2.30pm to 4.30pm
- Saturday, 10.30am to 12.30pm and 2.30pm to 3.30pm
Sessions can be booked on the day by calling the library directly. Drop-in spaces will be available but will be limited.
- sessions are for individual study only
- individuals must wear a mask when visiting our libraries (unless they are exempt)
- we will not be allowing food or drink on the premises
- there will be no toilet facilities available