Applying for a junior school
If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, you may need to apply for a junior school place for September 2023.
In this section
- Key dates
- Do I need to apply for a junior school?
- Before you apply
- How to apply
- Applications for families arriving from abroad
- The deadline for on-time applications is Sunday 15 January 2023.
- National offer day - Monday 17 April 2023
All Hillingdon residents with a child in year 2 at any infant school must submit an application. Applications can be made for up to 4 junior schools; however, if you only wish to transfer your child to your linked Hillingdon junior school, you only need to include 1 preference.
Applications also need to be made for Hillingdon residents with pupils wishing to continue at a junior school in a different authority.
Residents of other boroughs wishing to apply for a Hillingdon junior school should contact their own local authority for details on how to make an application. This applies to all year 2 pupils who are currently:
- attending an infant school in Hillingdon or a neighbouring authority or
- attending a primary school and you wish to transfer your child to a junior school in September 2023.
This does not apply to year 2 pupils who are currently:
- attending a primary school in Hillingdon or a neighbouring authority, and you wish your child to move to year 3 in the same school or
- currently attending a primary school and you wish to transfer your child to a year 3 place at a different primary school in September 2023 (an in-year application will need to be made in this case).
Junior schools in Hillingdon give priority to pupils attending their linked infant school, but they do not reserve places for individual pupils. Therefore, it is very important that you apply on time to ensure you do not miss out on an offer.
Applications must be made for year 2 pupils wishing to continue in the following Hillingdon junior schools:
- Coteford Junior School
- Field End Junior School
- Grange Park Junior School
- Harefield Junior School
- Hillside Junior School
- Minet Junior School
- Newnham Junior School
- Whitehall Junior School
- Whiteheath Junior School
- Yeading Junior School
Please note: The following schools have amalgamated and are now all-through primary schools; therefore, a starting junior school application is no longer required.
- Lady Bankes Junior School
- Oak Farm Junior School
- Read the . This contains a lot of useful information on making your application, choosing your schools, frequently asked questions and all of the schools' individual criteria and contact details.
- Read our .
The closing date for applications for starting junior school is Sunday 15 January 2023.
Apply online via the eAdmissions website, using the link below.
Information on how to create and complete your application can be found on the eadmissions website.
Important: If you apply online, you must not complete a paper application as well.
In most cases, children arriving from overseas have the right to attend schools in England. It is the responsibility of parents to check whether their child has a right, under their visa entry conditions, to study at a school before submitting an application.