COVID-19 testing for people without symptoms
This testing is supplied by NHS Test and Trace and is available to individuals who are not showing any COVID-19 symptoms but may be inadvertently passing the virus on to others. It enables those who test positive, and their contacts, to self-isolate, which can help drive down the R rate locally and save lives.
As many as 1 in 3 people have COVID-19 without any symptoms and could be spreading the disease without knowing it.
Testing sites in Hillingdon
We currently have testing sites at the following venues:
- Beck Theatre
Grange Road, Hayes, UB3 2UE
- Civic Centre
High Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1UW
- Haste Hill Golf Course
The Drive, Northwood, HA6 1HN
- Harlington Young People's Centre
Pinkwell Lane, Hayes, UB3 1PB
- South Ruislip Young People's Centre
Victoria Road, South Ruislip, HA4 0JE
- St Mary's Church Hall
High Street, Harefield, UB9 6BX
All sites are open Monday to Friday and some are open Saturdays and until 8pm to support everyone in the community to get tested.
Book a test
Please note: You cannot get this test if you have received a positive COVID-19 result within the last 90 days.
- You can only get a test if you book an appointment in advance.
- Please book 1 appointment per person.
- Please do not make an appointment for this test if you have any symptoms (a new, continuous cough, high temperature or change in your sense of smell/taste).
Please note: Results are often provided within an hour (but can take up to 24 hours).
About the testing
- The site has been carefully designed with clinical protocols in place and using purpose-built booths, so that social distancing and strict cleaning processes can be adhered to.
- The test involves individuals self-swabbing (although assisted-swabbing is available upon request) and tests are recommended twice a week, with 3 or 4 days between tests.
- Normally, the testing process takes approximately 15 minutes - this will include the registration process and taking the swab test.
- As part of the swab process, you will be required to blow your nose, so bring some tissues with you if you have any.
- During busy periods, you may need to wait outside, so please wear a coat or something warm.
- Once you have completed the test, you can leave, as your results will be sent to you via text or email.
Arriving at the site
- When you arrive, you will be met by a member of staff who will provide you with information on how to register your test on the NHS website. You will then be provided with a unique barcode to finalise this registration process.
- Once registration is complete, you will be directed to a testing booth where you will be able to complete the swab.
- Testing assistants will be available to answer any questions you have and support you through the process.
Watch our video to guide you through the process
Receiving your test results
- Results are often provided within an hour (but can take up to 24 hours).
- If you have a positive test result, you should self-isolate immediately and follow the instructions provided to you by the NHS Test and Trace service.
- If your test is negative, continue to wear your mask, wash your hands regularly, follow social distancing and government guidance, and book your next test.
- If you do not receive your results after 24 hours, please call 119 and quote your barcode number, which is given to you at the testing site.
Changing or cancelling your appointment
- When you first make your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with relevant information about the testing process. It will also give you the option to change or cancel your appointment.
Please note: If you have any COVID-19 symptoms (a new, continuous cough, high temperature, or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste), you should self-isolate and book a test at a local testing site by visiting www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test