Closed facilities and cancelled events
To help keep our residents safe and in line with government advice, we have made the decision to close some of our public facilities and cancel all upcoming council events until further notice.
Facilities temporarily closed to the public
- Playgrounds, outdoor gyms and tennis courts
- Hillingdon leisure centres
- Haste Hill and Uxbridge public golf courses
- Battle of Britain Bunker Exhibition and Visitor Centre, Uxbridge
- Compass Theatre, Ickenham
- Winston Churchill Theatre, Ruislip
- Hillingdon young people's centres
- Merrimans Respite Care - we are closing this service for 3 weeks and will review again; all families who are affected have been notified
- Adult learning centres - following the government's guidance around schools, no classes are currently running
- Day provision at Grassy Meadow Dementia Resource Centre and Queens Walk Resource Centre
- Early years centres (open for vulnerable children and key worker families in line with government guidelines) - similar arrangements are in place for private day care facilities
- Children's centres - with the exception of Colham Manor, South Ruislip, Barra Hall and Harefield children's centres for pre-booked midwifery appointments only
- Hillingdon Rural Activities Garden Centre
- Hillingdon libraries and mobile library service - if you're a library member, you can access online resources for free. Library fines have been suspended and renewals will happen automatically.
Parks and allotments remain open but please stay at least two metres away from other visitors (unless you are with members of your own household).
Cancelled events and activities
Council social events have been cancelled/postponed until further notice. These include but are not limited to:
- Tennis sessions
- Carers' Forum
- Easter FIESTA (Monday 6 to Friday 17 April)
- litter-picking events at Pinn Meadows, Cranford Country Park and Hillingdon House Farm (Saturday 21 March to Wednesday 8 April)
- Hillingdon library events
- tea dances, desi dances and lines dances (at Uxbridge Civic Centre, Yiewsley and West Drayton Community Centre, and Winston Churchill Theatre)
- VE Day Manor Farm event
- all Mayor engagements
- Hayes Community Family Fun Day
Where tickets have been sold, we are in the process of contacting people to let them know and to process refunds.
Please note: We have temporarily turned off our events section (Discover Hillingdon) during this time.
Council meetings and committees
The council's decision making process continues. However, all public council meetings and committees have been cancelled for the foreseeable future.