Closed facilities and cancelled events
In the interests of safety, some of our public facilities remain closed and all upcoming council events have been cancelled. Essential council meetings are being held virtually.
Council meetings, committees and petitions
- The council's decision making process continues to put residents first.
- Essential council and planning committee meetings are being held virtually and streamed live on the council's YouTube channel.
- Other public council meetings have been temporarily suspended for the foreseeable future.
- Usual public speaking rights at planning committees in relation to a petition may be suspended temporarily. Instead, written representations will be considered. Lead petitioners, applicants and agents will be advised directly.
Facilities temporarily closed to the public
- Beach at Ruislip Lido
- Playgrounds and outdoor gyms
- Hillingdon leisure centres
- Battle of Britain Bunker Exhibition and Visitor Centre, Uxbridge
- Compass Theatre, Ickenham
- Winston Churchill Theatre, Ruislip
- Hillingdon young people's centres
- Merrimans Respite Care
- Adult learning centres
- Day provision at Grassy Meadow Dementia Resource Centre and Queens Walk Resource Centre
- In line with government guidelines, our early years centres are open for vulnerable children and key worker families - and we are now gradually opening up these services to other children, prioritising those who are due to start school in September. Please contact your childcare provider for their reopening plans
- Children's centres - with the exception of Colham Manor, South Ruislip, Barra Hall and Harefield children's centres for pre-booked midwifery appointments only
- Hillingdon Rural Activities Garden Centre
Hillingdon libraries and mobile library service - if you're a library member, you can access online resources for free. Library fines have been suspended and renewals will happen automatically. We have introduced a reserve and collect service at 6 of our libraries - Manor Farm, Oak Farm, Hayes End, Northwood Hills, West Drayton and Uxbridge. Find out more.
Parks and allotments remain open but please stay at least two metres away from other visitors (unless you are with members of your own household).
Some bowling greens have been given approval to reopen by the council. Contact your bowling club for more details.
Cancelled events and activities
Council social events have been cancelled/postponed until further notice. These include but are not limited to:
- Family Fishing Fun Days (26 July and 9 August)
- Tennis sessions (see our tennis page for information about some tennis courts that have reopened and are bookable)
- Carers' Forum
- litter-picking events at Pinn Meadows, Cranford Country Park and Hillingdon House Farm (Saturday 21 March to Wednesday 8 April)
- Hillingdon library events
- tea dances, desi dances and lines dances (at Uxbridge Civic Centre, Yiewsley and West Drayton Community Centre, and Winston Churchill Theatre)
- VE Day Manor Farm event
- all Mayor engagements
- Hayes Community Family Fun Day
Where tickets have been sold, we are in the process of contacting people to let them know and to process refunds.
Please note: We have temporarily turned off our events section (Discover Hillingdon) during this time.
Guidance for managers of multi-purpose community facilities
From 4 July, managers of community facilities will have discretion over when they consider it safe to open for any activity permitted by legislation and may decide to remain closed if they are not able to safely follow the advice in the relevant guidance, to make the space COVID-19 secure.