Closed facilities and cancelled events
In the interests of safety, some of our public facilities remain closed and all upcoming council events have been cancelled. Essential council meetings are being held virtually.
In this section
- Facilities temporarily closed to the public
- Cancelled events and activities
- Guidance for managers of multi-purpose community facilities
- Beach at Ruislip Lido
- Compass Theatre, Ickenham
- Winston Churchill Theatre, Ruislip
- Hillingdon young people's centres
- Merrimans Respite Care
- Day provision at Grassy Meadow Dementia Resource Centre and Queens Walk Resource Centre
- Early years centres - please contact your nearest early years centre about opening times and services
- 8 of our children's centres are open for pre-booked appointments and are offering a telephone support service for parents and families
- Hillingdon Rural Activities Garden Centre - offering a Monday to Friday pre-ordered and confirmed collection service from site with limited delivery slots available. More information on what is available can be found on their Facebook page
Council social events have been cancelled/postponed until further notice. These include but are not limited to:
- tennis sessions (see our tennis page for information about some tennis courts that have reopened and are bookable)
- Carers' Forum
- Hillingdon library events
- tea dances, desi dances and lines dances (at Uxbridge Civic Centre, Yiewsley and West Drayton Community Centre, and Winston Churchill Theatre)
Please note: We have temporarily turned off our events section (Discover Hillingdon) during this time.
Managers of community facilities have discretion over when they consider it safe to open for any activity permitted by legislation and may decide to remain closed if they are not able to safely follow the advice in the relevant guidance, to make the space COVID-19 secure.