Schools information for parents/carers
If any of your friends, family or neighbours do not have access to our website or social media pages, please share this information with them, ensuring you follow social distancing guidelines.
Going to school or college
- Colleges, primary (reception onwards) and secondary schools will remain open for vulnerable children and the children of critical workers.
- All other children will learn remotely until February half term.
Parents and carers should contact their child's school directly if they have any questions relating to:
- attending school (if you are a critical or key worker or your child is vulnerable or in an exam year for secondary schools and colleges)
- receiving remote home learning
- free school meals for eligible children
- In the circumstances, it is not possible for exams in the summer to go ahead as planned. The Department for Education will accordingly be working with Ofqual to consult rapidly to put in place alternative arrangements that will allow students to progress fairly.
- Providers can continue with the vocational and technical exams that are due to take place in January, where they judge it right to do so.
- Early years settings (including nurseries and childminders) remain open.
- Childminders should continue to allow children to attend as normal except for school-aged children. Childminders caring for school-aged children (including reception children) should only admit vulnerable children and children of critical workers.
- Vulnerable children and children of critical workers can continue to use registered childcare, childminders and other childcare activities, including wraparound care.
- Parents are able to form a childcare bubble with 1 other household for the purposes of informal childcare, where the child is under 14 - this is mainly to enable parents to work, and must not be used to enable social contact between adults.
- Some households will also be able to benefit from being in a support bubble.
- Nannies will be able to continue to provide services, including in the home.