Concerned about a child's safety?
If you're concerned that a child or young person is being (or is at risk of being) abused or neglected, report it appropriately.
If you think a child is in immediate harm or needs medical attention
- Call 999
If you are concerned a child may be at risk
- If you are a member of the public, call the Stronger Families Hub on 01895 556006.
- If you are a professional and wish to request support for a family, please complete the relevant referral form. This is the Early Help Assessment, which also serves as the referral form for statutory support and protection services.
- If the matter is not urgent, email the Stronger Families Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and advice.
If a child is being bullied at school
- Talk with their school and ask for their support/help with the bullying.
- Visit Childline's website, where you can find out about bullying, abuse, safety and the law.
If you're worried about someone who is working with children
- Speak with the person's manager about your concerns. They will contact the local authority within 1 working day of being informed of the risk and take appropriate action.
If someone has acted inappropriately online
- Report it to the Child Exploitation and Online Protection team.
Page last updated: 02 Sep 2021