Testing within a local community testing site
Self-swabbing COVID-19 tests at our community testing centre.
In this section
- About the testing
- Book a test
- Arriving at the site
- Receiving your test results
- Changing or cancelling your appointment
We are carrying out lateral flow testing at the Civic Centre, High Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1UW (until Friday 29 October). Please book in advance.
- The test involves individuals self-swabbing and tests are recommended twice a week, with 3 or 4 days between tests.
- Normally, the testing process takes approximately 15 minutes - this will include the registration process and taking the swab test.
- As part of the swab process, you will be required to blow your nose, so bring some tissues with you if you have any.
- The site has been carefully designed with clinical protocols in place and using purpose-built booths, so that social distancing and strict cleaning processes can be adhered to.
- During busy periods, you may need to wait outside, so please wear a coat or something warm.
- Once you have completed the test, you can leave, as your results will be sent to you via text or email.
- You can only get a test if you book an appointment in advance.
- Please book 1 appointment per person.
- Anyone under the age of 16 needs to be accompanied by an adult who should perform the swab.
- You cannot get this test if you have received a positive COVID-19 result within the last 90 days or have any symptoms (a new, continuous cough, high temperature or change in your sense of smell/taste).
Please note: Results are often provided within an hour (but can take up to 24 hours).
- When you arrive, you will be met by a member of staff who will provide you with information on how to register your test on the NHS website. (If you do not have a mobile phone, the registration staff will be able to assist you with registration.) You will then be provided with a unique barcode to finalise this registration process.
- Once registration is complete, you will be directed to a testing booth where you will be able to complete the swab.
- Testing assistants will be available to answer any questions you have and support you through the process.
Watch our video to guide you through the process
- Results are often provided within an hour (but can take up to 24 hours).
- If you have a positive test result, you should self-isolate immediately and follow the instructions provided to you by the NHS Test and Trace service.
- If your test is negative, continue to wear your mask, wash your hands regularly, follow social distancing and government guidance, and book your next test.
- If you do not receive your results after 24 hours, please call 119 and quote your barcode number, which is given to you at the testing site.
- When you first make your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with relevant information about the testing process. It will also give you the option to change or cancel your appointment.
Please note: If you have any COVID-19 symptoms (a new, continuous cough, high temperature, or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste), you should self-isolate and book a test at a local testing site by visiting www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test