Current library services
Residents are now able to visit libraries across the borough.
In this section
- Re-opening of our libraries
- Book browsing
- Returning books
- Computer access
- Study space
- Library opening times and contact details
Residents are able to visit our libraries to:
- browse and borrow books
- collect reserved books
- request recycling bags
- use a computer
- book a study space (at selected libraries)
- pick up hearing aid batteries (at selected libraries)
- purchase visitor parking vouchers (at participating libraries)
- We are currently only able to accept card payments.
- Our public toilets are currently not available.
When visiting our libraries:
- you must wear a face mask (unless exempt)
- you should keep your visit to under 45 minutes to ensure we can provide access to as many residents as possible, without going over safe capacity
- you will be asked to check-in using the NHS Covid-19 app or to provide contact details (for test and trace purposes) upon arrival
Our libraries will be offering book browsing. We ask our residents to support us in minimising the risk of infection by:
- sanitising your hands before and after handling books in the library
- (where possible) only touching the books you intend to borrow
- putting any books you handle but don't borrow onto a trolley or in a box marked 'Books for quarantine'
- Items can be borrowed for 6 weeks.
- To return an item, please use the designated boxes in the foyer of the library or (where available) via the dropbox.
In line with the current social distancing guidelines and to ensure everyone's safety, our libraries will be offering reduced access to computers.
- users can book one 40-minute session per day, starting on the hour
- our library staff will only be able to provide limited computer support to ensure social-distancing and everyone's safety
- you must always wear a face mask (unless exempt)
- printing will be available but only card payments will be accepted
Some of our libraries are offering a limited number of study spaces for students working towards a qualification.
- this is for single study only (no groups are allowed)
- 1 booking per branch per day will be available
- a face mask must be worn throughout the session (unless an individual is exempt)
- food and drink are not allowed (apart from bottled water)
To book, please call the relevant branch on the day or the day before you would like to book a slot.
Please check our individual library pages for opening times and facilities.
Please note: Eastcote library is currently closed for refurbishment.