Autumn Show terms and conditions
Please read the show terms and conditions before completing the Autumn Show application form.
- Judging of horticultural exhibits is governed by the rules of the Royal Horticultural Society.
- The competition is open to all Hillingdon residents, unless otherwise stated.
- There are no entry fees.
- All exhibitors must pre-register their entries by completing and submitting the online form by 5pm on Friday 17 September.
- Please note: The show committee, and/or the council, reserves the right to refuse to accept any entries from any exhibitor and/or refuse admission and, in the event of any such refusal, is not required to give any reason or explanation.
- Entries will not be accepted on the day of the show.
- Exhibitors may enter any/all relevant classes in each section but may only exhibit 1 entry in each class.
- Each dish must contain 1 cultivar only, unless otherwise specified.
- Any horticultural exhibit in competition for prizes must be the bona fide property of the competitor and must have been grown from seed by the exhibitor or have been in his/her possession or cared for by him/her for at least 2 months prior to the date of the show.
- Exhibitors should leave all bloom on fruits, ie do not polish apples and plums. Wash vegetables but do not scrub them or use an artificial cleaner.
- Exhibits must be staged (by appointment only) between midday and 8pm on Friday 1 October or between 7am and 10am on Saturday 2 October.
- Due to coronavirus, show entry cards will be sent to each exhibitor prior to the show date. To assist with appointment times, show entry cards must be fully completed before arriving and placed under each exhibit as it is staged.
- Judging will start promptly at 10.30am on Saturday 2 October.
- Only people permitted by the show committee shall be allowed to remain during the judging.
- Prize winners will be awarded a rosette, a certificate and a combination of RAGC and RHS Garden Centre vouchers not exceeding a total prize value of £300 (exception: see point 17 below). These vouchers are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. In the event that coronavirus restrictions still apply, these will be posted to winners following the event and by the end of the first week of November latest.
- A competitor, when awarded 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in any category, may not win vouchers not exceeding a total prize value of £300 in total (exception: see point 17 below). These vouchers are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Where special awards are made, eg for Best in Show, this will only be given to an exhibit attaining a 1st prize and an additional one-off prize of £100* in RHS Garden Centre vouchers will apply. These vouchers are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- In the event of a tie, the number of 1st places awarded to each exhibitor will be taken into consideration.
- Exhibits must be removed (by appointment only) between 2pm and 7pm on Saturday 2 October. Any exhibit not removed at the appointment time will become the property of the show committee and disposed of as deemed necessary.
- The judges and the show committee have the authority to withhold prizes at their discretion.
- The council accepts no responsibility for entries that may be lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise.
- By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- The council reserves the right to exclude or disqualify and entrant who has acted fraudulently in any way.
- Any breach of the terms and conditions by an entrant will void their entry.
- If a breach has occurred but is only discovered after the award of a prize, the council may require the prize to be returned.
- Complaints or protests must be made in writing to the show secretary at email@example.com by 4pm on Monday 4 October. Such protests shall be considered by the show committee, whose decision will be final.
Page last updated: 23 Apr 2021