Children in care councils
Our children in care councils provide an opportunity for looked after children and young people in Hillingdon to talk about how they're being cared for, make suggestions to make services better and get involved in making changes and improvements.
- Talkers - for 7 to 11-year-olds in care and meets on the first Friday of the month
- Step Up - for 12 to 15-year-olds in care and meets on the second Wednesday of the month
- Stepping Out - for 16 year-olds and over in care and care leavers and meets on the first Wednesday of the month
All 3 groups provide a chance for you to:
- have your voice heard and express how you are being cared for in Hillingdon
- talk about important things, such as education and health
- meet other children with similar experiences
- take part in lots of different activities, such as cooking, playing games, arts and crafts, trips and parties
- make suggestions to make services better and get involved in making changes
Our children in care councils are always looking for new members. If you have been in care for a minimum of 6 months and are interested in joining one of these groups, email firstname.lastname@example.org.